VS2010 : WebApplicationBase not found error & SiteSettings error.

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Hello Tech Guys,

I recently downloaded the code with VS 2010 version and I am not able to build it. I am getting error for "WebApplicationBase" found. Please help.

I am also getting error "siteSetting" even though I have set up the Database Connections in the conectionString.config file. Please advise..

Basically I want to download and Tweak around the code. I will afterwards submit my code to the repository.

Thanks,

Elisha Cornelius

Developer
Mar 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I guess your first issue is WebApplicationBase not found. This class is in Core project. probably you're missing the file. Make sure you've downloaded all the files and you have the latest version.

In regards with siteSetting, which connectionString.config file did you change the database connection? Please remark that there are several connnectionString.<configuration>.config, where <configuration> can be Debug, Release, Test. They are in App_Configs folder. Any change on the connection string should be done in one of these files.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I downloaded all the project files. I tried downloading files from Repo as well as the Zipped file of the source code but it did not work.

Also, please include me in the group so I can make changes and add some new functionality to the app.